Homebrew! Part Deux
We’re talking with Mike McQuaid about Homebew 2.0.0, supporting Linux and Windows 10, the backstory and details surrounding the security issue they had in 2018, their new governance model, Mike’s new role, the core team meeting in-person at FOSDEM this year, and what’s coming next for Homebrew.
- DigitalOcean – The simplest cloud platform for developers and teams Whether you’re running one virtual machine or ten thousand, makes managing your infrastructure too easy. New accounts get $100 in credit to use in your first 60 days.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns eBook, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Raygun – Unblock your biggest app performance bottlenecks with Raygun APM. Smarter application performance monitoring (APM) that lets you understand and take action on software issues affecting your customers.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Mike McQuaid – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Homebrew on HackerOne
- Donate Homebrew on Patreon
- Here’s how Eric Holmes gained commit access to Homebrew in 30 minutes
- MikeMcQuaid/strap - Bootstrap your macOS development system
- Homebrew governance
- Homebrew formulae analytics
- “This is why people don’t contribute to your open source project” —Mike McQuaid
- Hot Shots! Part Deux - starring Charlie Sheen