Recently I was involved in a project to upgrade AEM from version 6.2 to 6.5.
As you can imagine there were several things to be considered for the upgrade. AEM has updated a lot of their features and libraries since 6.2, OAK repository changes, a bunch of /etc functionality relocations (blueprints, rolloutconfigs, contexthub, segments, tags, designs, among others).
On this series of posts, I want to describe the steps I followed to perform the In-Place upgrade.
The first thing that I would like to say is: this is not a recipe, this is just information on the approach I took.
First takeaway: if you are in a similar upgrade situation, these posts might help you identify the approach that you could take to perform yours. I read a bunch of documentation, posts, and information, in my case I used different ideas from different sources to accomplish the goal.