In the fast-paced realm of modern technology, we often find ourselves dealing with tasks that can’t be done in the blink of an eye.
Visualize running a popular e-commerce platform where customers place orders or a social media application where users upload and process media files. These tasks take time, and your users won’t wait indefinitely.
This is where the magical combination of AWS SQS and Lambda steps in to save the day.
Let’s have a real-world journey to explore how AWS SQS and Lambda can supercharge your application’s performance! We will implement this collaboration using Golang.
- The Brave Amazon Warriors: AWS SQS and Lambda
- The Battle Plan: AWS SQS and Lambda in Action
- Step 1: Create an SQS Queue
- Step 2: Crafting the Lambda Functions(SQS message sender and processor)
- Step 3: Battle-Ready Permissions to Lambda function
- Step 4: Victory Through Testing
- Benefits of using SQS with AWS Lambda
- Finishing thoughts
Background processing is an essential part of almost every development we do. It’s better to optimize the execution flow by separating the instant and time-consuming tasks to provide a delightful user experience.
So, whether you’re…
- Building a popular e-commerce website or
- Processing user-generated content on a social media platform or
- Managing any task that benefits from background processing or
- Building your favorite game application to reward users based on their scores
As you venture into simplifying asynchronous tasks with AWS SQS and Lambda, remember that streamlining your workflow can be a game-changer.
Let your journey towards efficient task management begin. You can access the code and detailed implementation by visiting Canopas Blog
Follow Canopas for our latest technical blog posts!