I recently (~1 month ago) started a new framework called Gluon, which is similar to Electron in what it does (websites -> desktop apps), but with a new, different approach:
- Uses system installed browsers instead of bundling Chromium or using webview libraries.
- Supports Chromium and Firefox (unlike any other similar frameworks).
- Focusing on developer experience, rapid prototyping, and ease of use.
- Also supports Deno instead of Node (WIP).
- Experimental/early (barely a month since first line written).
Has been blowing up on GitHub recently too (on GitHub Trending the last 2 days), gotten almost 1k stars in last few days. Very open to hear opinions/questions, thanks!
Top comments (3)
It would be nice if you worked with the Linux App Ecosystem. We even have a conference (it's in person this year) linuxappsummit.org/
Gluon supports Linux! Not really able to go to conferences atm haha.
yeah, that's definitely sad - and I wish we supported hybrid conferences but for some reason we aren't this year.