Maintenance mode page is the user-friendly message for your site visitors indicating that we are working on something for which the site needs to be down for some time. We require this because we don't want our website to be broken for a specific amount of time while the site maintenance is in progress.
When you hire Ruby on Rails programmers, they can take care of the entire maintenance mode page.
- Performing upgrades (migrate rails version from one to another)
- Performing data migrations in the backend
- Migrating images or files from Amazon S3 to Google Cloud or vice versa
- And many more...
Turnout gem has the following features.
- Easy installation
- Rake commands to turn maintenance mode on and off
- Easily provide a reason for each downtime without editing the maintenance.html file
- Allow certain IPs or IP ranges to bypass the maintenance page
- Allow certain paths to be accessible during maintenance
You can find them all of them here.
Just add the following gem to your Gemfile
bundle install that's it!
$ rake maintenance: start.
Tada! It's done. When you do so, you will get the following page.
$ rake maintenance: start reason= "This is the custom reason!"
You can find all the commands here.
$ rake maintenance: end.
Default maintenance pages are provided, but you can create your own
public/maintenance.[html|json|html.erb] files instead. Reach out to learn more about the expert web developers in NYC for the various ways to improve or build the quality of projects and across your company.
A Ruby on Rails web development company will ensure that you activate and deactivate maintenance page at the right time.