My first article here will be about the Virtual Studio Technology (VST) and its plugins. I will try to explain what it is and why this software is a must for the sound developers.
Virtual Studio Technology (VST) is a popular audio plug-in software which is widely used by the sound developers and editors. This software actually can do a integration of synthesizers and effects units into digital audio workstations.
Below is a list of the top 10 most popular and most used Virtual Studio Technology Plugins.
- Native Instruments Massive -wavetable synthesizer by Native Instruments.
- Native Instruments FM8 - another great plugin by Native Instruments.
- Arturia V Collection 8 - popular for plugin evocative synthesizers and keyboards.
- Kontakt 6 - great sampling platform also developed by Native Instruments.
- Reveal Sound Spire - amazing software synthesizer developed by Reveal Sound.
- u-he Hive - modern synth with a great sound developed by by Howard Scarr and Kevin Schröder.
- Lethal Audio - powerful software synthesizer.
- FabFilter Pro-Q 3 - advanced equalizer plug-in.
- Waves API 550A & 550B - amazing plugin developed by Waves Audio Ltd.
- Soundtoys EchoBoy - software echo factory for delay and echo sounds.
Note: This list is made based on my own personal experience using some paid and free VST plugins. In addition, there are such a lot of other great plugins you might try. Of course, it all depends on your needs and your current sound project classification.
The sound producers are using these VST plugins to create perfect audio samples and powerful projects. If you are a sound developer you might have probably heard about most of them. However, if you are not, as a experienced sound developer, I highly recommend to try any of these while working on your project.