We are starting a book club
We love to read at Begin! Our daily stand-up calls frequently include updates and recommendations on books we are reading, so we wanted to share that with our community.
One of my favorite words is tsundoku.
Tsundoku (Japanese: 積ん読) is acquiring reading materials but letting them pile up in one's home without reading them.
While I'm a voracious reader, these authors keep writing new books. My "to read" stack currently sits at 200 books even though I've read over 100 books this year.
Why start a book club?
- We enjoy talking about books internally, so we wanted to share them with the community.
- To help diversify our reading lists. What are some greats reads that we don't know about?
- The chance to get to know and interact directly with our community members.
Our first meet-up
We'll be hosting book club meetings every two months, with our first meet-up occurring on Wednesday, January 19th at 11 am PST, 2 pm EST, 8 pm CET to discuss The DynamoDB Book by Alex DeBrie with special guest star Alex DeBrie.
How to participate
- Pick up a copy of The DynamoDB Book.
- Read the book. Jot down any questions you have or memorable quotes.
- Join the Architect Discord, where we will be hosting the book club video chat.
- Click on the Events tab and get a reminder for the next book club meeting.
- Follow the @begin Twitter account, where we will send out polls for future book club selections.
- Join the book club newsletter
Comment below or reach out to us on Twitter!
Top comments (0)