Fri, May 20, 2022
This Week in Python is a concise reading list about what happened in the past week in the Python universe.
- Python decorator patterns – An article about different types of decorators and useful patterns
- TDD Practice: Time API with Django – Let's learn some TDD tricks by building a small API with Django
- Advanced Control Flow With Threads – Blog post for the PyCon 2022 talk "Why Should Async Get All The Love?"
- Boring Python: dependency management – Dependency Management with Python packages
- Python 3.11 beta vs. 3.10 benchmark – Not an article but a good overview of the joint efforts of the faster-cpython team to make Python faster. See also: Python might get 5 times faster in the next 4 years
- pony – Pony Object Relational Mapper
- open-data-anonymizer – Python Data Anonymization & Masking Library For Data Science Tasks
- django – The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines – The 4.1 beta was just released and includes some work on making the ORM async
- pikascript – An ultra-lightweight Python engine that can run with 4KB of RAM
- panel – A high-level app and dashboarding solution for Python