Techtalk in general brings in lots of excitement for me and what if you got to present in AWS re:Invent 3rd time in a row? Yes, joy knew no bounds.
- Choice of Topic
- Virtual Recording
- Break-out session experience
- Thank you
More than a year ago, I was teaching HTML to my younger son and developing a website from scratch, which inspired him to create on his own with the learnings - http://breeze.bhuvana.pro/
I turned that experience into a series of blogs to answer his curiosity -
- how others can see my website?
- how the changes I make on our computer get there?
- Will my website work all the time?
- If I switch between different desktop / laptop, then I need to put them on google drive?
I felt this could be a good use case under Level-200 session and hence submitted a proposal for Enable continuous delivery and resiliency for a static website
Glad to hear from Ross Barich that topic was selected, submitted the slidedeck before the cut-off time and all set for the event.
Initially I thought, travelling to re:Invent will save me from virtual recording but came with a surprise that reInvent 2021 is going to be both in-person and virtual simultaneously. Hence recording became mandatory.
AWS Team sent the 2021 recording kit with the following
- Tripod with Ring Light
- Lapel Microphone (sometimes called Lavalier Mic)
- iPod Touch
It was a wonderful experience with a couple of hours well planned meeting with the recording team.
Arrived on 28th, completed the registration and speaker-checkin, had an appointment for final copy editing followed by tech check. So all set for presentation.
The 200 seating capacity session was all pre-booked, audience turnout on the presentation day at Level 5, Palazzo A, Venetian was very good and most importantly the session was received well.
I had touched upon the traditional static website hosting, the source control management, how to leverage AWS CodePipeline for continuous delivery and how Amazon S3 cross-region replication along with Amazon CloudFront Origin come in handy for building resiliency.
- Login to virtual conference https://virtual.reinvent.awsevents.com/
- Filter to Tracks = COM203 in the session catalog
- Self-hosting Secured Static Web Site using S3, Route 53, ACM, CloudFront
- CI / CD for a Static Website hosted on Amazon S3
- Enabling resiliency for a static website hosted on AWS Cloud
- Thanks to AWS Team, Rohini Gaonkar, Ross Barich, and David Isbitski the opportunity and support
- Thank yo Infor Team, My VP Vynessa Alexandar her unstinted support, Thomas Sorgie, Adam Malter, Jackson Lee and Anthony Ercolino for their support in my cloud journey.
- On a side note, getting this feedback from fellow AWS Hero, Stephen Borsay, made my day with the below tweet and a credit to my presentation style indeed.
Great first session at @AWSreInvent by fellow AWS Hero @installjournal speaking about everything related to automating code delivery to your static website hosted in S3. She did it all with no notes!
Yes, I do not add speaker notes to slides so that I can engage with the audience or with the camera throughout the session😊.