“ I have to make an approval and notification rule for codecommit repo so the user has a maintained way to have approval process and get notified while pull request : creation and merge. It's easy to create approval rules and notification rules in codecommit with IAM user creation and SNS topic with subscription. Pricing of codecommit and sns depends on users storage and requests.”
AWS CodeCommit is a version control service hosted by AWS that you can use to privately store and manage assets in the cloud. For information about pricing for codecommit, see Pricing.
In this post, you will get to know how to explore the approval rule and notification rule in codecommit repo. Here I have created codecommit repo, IAM user, SNS topic and subscription, codecommit approval and notification rule template.
The blog post consist of the following phases:
- Create of IAM User and SNS Topic with Subscription
- Create of Approval Rule Template and Notification Rule in CodeCommit
- Output as Creation of Pull Request and Approve with Merge on the Pull Request by IAM User. Checkout the Main Branch Files as Dev Branch after Merge of Branches
- Open the IAM console and create a user with console administrator access. Also create a sns topic with subscription.
- Open the CodeCommit console and create an approval rule template for user approval. Also open the repository as testrepo and create a notification rule for pull request creation and merge. Need to update the access policy for sns as the notification target is unreachable.
Phase 3: Output as Creation of Pull Request and Approve with Merge on the Pull Request by IAM User. Checkout the Main Branch Files as Dev Branch after Merge of Branches
Delete CodeCommit Repo, IAM User, SNS Topic, SNS Subscription, CodeCommit Approval Rule Template.
I review the pricing and estimated cost of this example.
Cost of Simple Notification Service = Free for notifications and requests = $0.0
Cost of CodeCommit = $0.00 for first 5 CodeCommit users = $0.0
Total Cost = $0.0
In this post, I showed “explore the approval rule and notification rule in codecommit repo”.
Thanks for reading!
Connect with me: Linkedin