On this episode, Badri Varadarajan, EVP of product at CloudFix, and Rahul Subramaniam, AWS superfan and CTO of ESW Capital of CloudFix, dive deep into AWS Cost Optimization best practices for how to apply cost optimization principles when designing, configuring, and maintaining workloads in AWS Cloud environments.
"If you keep doing cost optimization, first it's good hygiene, second, you build up your cost optimization muscle. So organizationally, when it becomes a real problem, you can hit the ground running and take commensurate proportional measures, as opposed to just going from not worrying about all, to it being the only thing you worry about."
Badri Varadarajan, EVP of product, CloudFix
- (01:12) How Rahul and Badri got started with AWS
- (07:08) Recognizing the importance of cost optimization
- (17:13) Simpler ways to save and get results
- (20:59) How to balance cost vs ROI
- (27:32) Organizational playbooks on how to construct to cost
- (36:34) Key factors to making cost optimization projects successful
- (39:47) Takeaways about cost optimization