I wanted to get a lot of writing done this weekend but unfortunately I had to take care of a cranky app instead.
It's been awhile since I have posted though, and since I know how my brain works, there was some inner worry that I'd keep slipping out of my (once regular) habit of writing.
For my own mental health, I promised myself I would post something, but I needed to do it quickly. After digging through my browser history for something, it dawned on me that there was a lot of great content in there that some of y'all may find interesting as well!
Without further adieu, here are 5 blog posts, 5 projects, and 5 podcasts that I read/listened to this weekend:
- Rails Performance: When is Caching the Right Choice? - Honeybadger Developer Blog
- Churn vs. Complexity vs. Code Coverage - FastRuby.io | Rails Upgrade Service
- A 1588x Render Speed Increase With Solr Caching on Rails to Solve All Your Performance Issues - NRoweGT: Atlanta Ruby on Rails Consultancy
- Code Audit: How to Ensure the Quality of Your Ruby on Rails Application
- Will Johnson | How Does The Model Interact With The Database In Ruby on RailsHow Does The Model Interact With The Database In Ruby on Rails | Will Johnson
- Should You Interview Job Candidates Via Slack Or TikTok? | FounderQuest
- #166 Country of Liars | Reply All
- 5by5 | Ruby on Rails Podcast #337: Chipping Away at a Monolith with Tori Huang
- How open source saved htop (The Changelog #413)
- The Art of Product: 144: Launching SavvyCalpauseplayskip-backwardskip-forward
After that list, any guesses as to what I've been up to recently?
If you found something on this list interesting, let me know! I'd love to chat about your thoughts about any of the above resources so reply in the comments or tweet at me!.
Hopefully I can finish a bigger post I'm working on by next weekend, but for now, happy coding!!