I wanted to share with you a project that I have been working on over the past few weeks: Ocula.
Ocula is a free PWA weather app written using the latest version of Vue. It is designed to look and feel native on mobile devices while also offering a nice desktop experience.
Some of the features include:
- No location restrictions - available worldwide
- Daily forecast for up to 7 days
- Hourly forecast data for up to 24 hours
- Trend charts for hourly temp, rainfall and wind
- Interactive weather maps with 6 different map types (radar, precipitation, temp, cloud, wind, pressure)
- Frame-by-frame playback for radar images to visualise incoming rain
- Dark/Light Themes. Default theme changes based on current time of day
- Options to reorder or hide forecast sections, set your preferred map type, units and more
- Open-source, privacy friendly, and best of all - free
The app is currently in an alpha phase but I'm hoping to get some early feedback from the community to address some glaring bugs/UX issues.