According to the reports, the web and mobile development industry is expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations at 9% CAGR (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
I’m working in this field for the last 6–7 years and also running the fastest software development and digital marketing company and generating more than $100k per year many of us are willing to do so, they are well skilled but they don’t know how to get clients?
Getting clients from freelancing platforms is too hard as they are already overcrowded and over-rushed.
- Upgrade your skill as per the market demand If you are not upgrading that means you are downgrading. Always remember the market is uncertain and it works on the latest technologies when it comes to the tech world. So the very first thing you need to take care of to upgrade yourself in your niche according to the market
Latest Web Trends
- Core Web Vital -Loading [LCP] -Interactivity. [ FID] — visual stability [CLS]
- Figma & Invision app
- Static Site Generator [Gatsby js]
- Design System, not systems design
- SVG animations -Vagator -velocity.js
Money is the oxygen for every business and to maintain cash flow in your company you should focus on how to get more and more projects. But what if you don’t have people skills.
What if you don’t know how to sell and market your skill. So in that case get a skilled partner who will bring sales to the business.
Understand as a beginner you will not get any good projects from online websites. It's totally fine to have profiled over there but don’t waste your time by just bidding day and night for a single project
Now your job is to build authority and trust of the third person and this will only happen when you show people how knowledgeable you are. To build and prepare content that is completely client oriented.
No need to tell you this — how much important it is to have your own website, not just a website but a sales-oriented website. Content that you will be using should be in such a way to attract your target clients.
You probably heard earlier that our network is our net worth, the same goes for this as well. Try to build a strong network by visiting networking events and by joining online Facebook and other groups
Don’t try to reinvent the wheel over and over again but build a system instead. Find out the people or nearby agencies who are working in the same niches. Chances are much higher to get the business from there with less hustle. You can also pitch content creators and social media influences for work and if everything goes well you will get the business
Don’t run after prospects. Focus on industry and select prospects accordingly. This will give you an idea of how that industry works so you can pitch effectively.
Catch the speed. In freelancing your speed matters the most. So here is the formula — Paid advertisement = speed. Do invest money on ads and get leads to convert. This will give you speed by reducing unnecessary time.
What does it really mean ?? Research and development mean you have to be aware of who is entering the market as a new bi. How many businesses have newly started etc?
- Find the mobile number of businesses that haven’t websites (from online directories like JustDial, Sulekha, UrbanClap, etc) & pitch them, [Generally these listing websites are effective for service based websites like Best cleaning service]
- Find old websites & pitch them to fix them.
- Find glitches, bugs, and errors in websites & pitch them to fix them.
- Note Follow-up clients.
- Make cold calls & send cold emails to the business & individuals.
- Make 200 cold calls & sent 1000 cold emails daily to the potential audience.
- USE TWITTER TO GET FOREIGN CLIENTS, SEARCH: “NEED WEBSITE DEVELOPER”
- Use Quora, Answer 5 questions daily
- Ask for Reviews from clients (Video/written)
- Refund clients if they refer someone to you.
- Attend events in your surroundings (FB Local/Meetups)
- Get Engaged in online communities & forums.