- a high-level language: it does not provide low-level access to memory or the CPU, as it was originally created for browsers that do not need it.
- a dynamic language: a dynamic language executes at the moment of the execution of many tasks that a static language carries out at the compilation. This has advantages and disadvantages and gives us powerful features such as dynamic typing, late binding, reflection, functional programming, changing the execution of the object, and so on.
- a weakly typed language: as opposed to strong typing, weakly typed languages do not impose the type of an object, which allows more flexibility, but denies us security and type checking (something that TypeScript and Flow aim to improve)
Ecma International is a Swiss Standards Association responsible for defining international standards.
In December 2009 came out ES5 then ES5.1 in June 2011.
- ES2016 (ES7)
- ES2017 (ES8)
- ES2018 (ES9)
Let’s talk here about the two most popular areas, namely web and mobile development.
- to do things on the browser of the user without having to make a request to the server (which requires reloading the page), which is good for example to validate a form
- add HTML dynamically, edit the page content, change the style of the page following the actions of the users
- make animations on the page
Or to start a line with
( and you will be saved in most cases.) Use an linter (ESLint) to report errors and nothing will happen to you seriously.
/* This is a comment in several lines */
and comments on one line:
// This is a comment in one line
variable is different from
Variable which is also different from
See you soon.