Daily standup meetings exist to quickly bring everyone up to speed without the time drain of lengthy gatherings. The structure can vary but typically include yesterday's accomplishments, today's objectives, and any pending challenges.
The magic of daily stand-up software lies in its ability to host these crucial meetings in an asynchronous, virtual setting or even create a hybrid system where in-person meeting notes are available for reference.
One of the biggest complaints about daily scrums is the lack of time to document meeting discussions.
Using a standup tool offers a written record of these crucial conversations.
We built CollabGPT to enable team members to keep track of everything happening around them, effortlessly. So we’ll explain why we think CollabGPT does standups better than standups do!
*CollabGPT is your secure AI companion for software projects. It tracks your projects across all your communication platforms, including Slack, Jira, GitHub and more. *
Every day (or every week), CollabGPT summarises what’s important from what happened the previous day. It observes every activity, update and decision and works out what matters.
That all happens automatically.
How does it do that?
Well, CollabGPT develops a memory of your teams’ projects, activities and goals. Not only can it observe and categorise activity, but it can also reflect on it. That makes it able to identify what really matters to you and your team.
That makes it not only able to update you on what’s happening, but to answer even the most complex questions with precise, insightful answers.
- AI with secure long-term memory. CollabGPT constantly absorbs your team’s context, goals and activities
- Like an attentive colleague, it observes and reflects on events, making it able to share rich, deep information and answers
- Generates summaries of the activities, decisions and results that matter most to your team
- Ask CollabGPT anything – it can answer complex questions with precise answers
- Able to handle cross-platform collaboration – it can match references to specific users, projects, topics or tickets across diverse data sources like pull requests, Slack conversations or Jira tickets
- Privacy Command Centre – you’re in control of your data, and your data is secure.
Remote teams can find sharing updates and roadblocks during standup meetings challenging. ClickUp is a central hub to manage routine work while saving time by automating reminders and other workflows.
- A full-stack project management tool with automation functionality
- Automatically schedule recurring daily stand-up meetings and weekly meetings
- Built-in templates for daily standups
- Compatible with a range of popular third-party apps
Good for: Remote teams and distributed teams who want a central hub for managing tasks while also automating mundane workflows. Doesn’t facilitate daily standups with the same rigour as competitors, though. Teams that need more customisation might find ClickUp's 'one-size-fits-all' approach limiting.
Range has its own interface for check-ins. It centralises the process so everyone knows what everyone’s working on, even if it’s happening in different apps.
- Customised stand-ups and check-ins
- A central platform for teams using a range of communication tools
Good for: Teams juggling a range of communication tools who want an additional tool to manage it all. Good if clarity of work distribution is vital.
Geekbot is a hassle-free solution for Slack users. It has a range of out-of-the-box templates for asynchronous meetings like daily standups which get delivered via the Slack bot. Answer questions via Slack conversation to deliver your daily standup.
- Easy to get started – install in Slack, pick a template to ask your team every day.
- Comes with simple AI that analyses team morale and engagement
Good for: Teams that live on Slack. It provides a hassle-free way to conduct asynchronous meetings like daily standups via the Slack bot. Teams that do all of their communication and project management in Slack may find Geekbot a natural fit.
Jell is a performance-oriented alternative. It has extensive integration capabilities with Slack, Microsoft Teams, GitHub, Trello, Jira, and more.
- OKR (Objective and Key Results) tracking to help keep everyone on track
- See what people are working on and overall team performance
Good for: Performance-focused teams out there. Allows for a seamless tracking of OKRs (Objective and Key Results). But Jell might not be the perfect fit for teams that prefer a more casual or conversational approach to standups.
Standuply automates asynchronous meetings, like daily standups and retrospective meetings. It integrates with Slack and Microsoft Teams.
- Automate parts of your agile workflow, including daily standups
- Voice and video responses are possible with Standuply, as well as text.
Good for: Teams already leveraging these Microsoft Teams and Slack. A good alternative to some of the tools above.
ScrumGenius is a daily standup app for asynchronous scrum ceremonies. It’s notable as it’s the only tool I’m aware of that integrates with Cisco Webex, as well as Teams and email.
- Asynchronous standups, surveys and meetings in the ScrumGenius app
- Standup data analysis and progress tracking
Good for: Teams that use Cisco Webex. Some teams might find some of their analysis tools unnecessary.
Combining daily standups, retrospectives, and check-ins, Dailybot makes it possible to get status updates via a daily chat channel or even through an email. They’re playing with integrating AI into their tool so you can access ChatGPT and use its functionality from their app or from Slack.
- Talk to ChatGPT from Slack, or get it to shallowly summarise things
- A unified view of what your teammates talk about during daily standups.
- Culture-enhancing tools like mood surveys, kudos, activities, and rewards.
- Chatbot shortcuts and commands to speed things up.
Good for: Teams looking for the jack-of-all-trades of the standup software world. CollabGPT has much more powerful AI that brings the knowledge that matters across all your platforms to you, automatically. On the daily standup side, it’s another close alternative to GeekBot or Standuply.
Daily standups are an essential part of maintaining a well-oiled and productive team. It helps ensure sure everything that was agreed in sprint planning stays on track, and helpe stay on top of the sprint backlog. But they can often eat into precious work hours if not managed properly. Daily standups need not be meetings!
Daily standup software can make information sharing efficient, streamlined, and effective.
While there are many options out there, each one brings something unique to the table.
CollabGPT has the potential to transform the way you conduct not only your daily standups, but the way you run software projects.
It's not just a tool for meetings, it's an AI-powered companion for your software projects that integrates with your existing platforms and workflows.
CollabGPT 'remembers' your project context, pulls out the important details, generates meaningful summaries, and provides actionable insights for your team.