This post was originally published on April 27, 2020 on my blog.
Mondaaaay! I had an awesome weekend, especially with the epiphany that hit me over the head with my wellbean project!
Basically, after I was chasing my mind around in circles, I realized I was majorly overcomplicating everything. Here I was, torturing myself trying to make an entire, full-service application. I was coming up against so many weird scope issues, so I finally stopped myself and consciously wondered what this would all look like if it were easy?
Just from that musing, something instinctively clicked in my brain, and I realized that I only need to build the functionality so that it works in a local environment. In other words, I didn't need to worry about getting users' profiles all built out and pulling their information across different channels just so the app worked.
I only needed to lay out the instructions for getting the app to work on anyone's own machine (i.e. leave all the data-pulling out of it on my end, and allow users to use the app based on their own Twilio account and data).
Seriously, such a relief! Instead of entering this week as a wired bundle of stress pressed to make my deadline (April 30), I'm now really excited to (probably) finish everything up today and be able to put the final touches on the presentation before submission. Yes!