Unleash the step-by-step guide to rectify the Com crashes error in QuickBooks Desktop
Have you ever encountered a crash com error when working on a QuickBooks desktop? As per the recent research data, com crash error has created a lot of nuisance in the past few months. For accounting professionals and QuickBooks users, QuickBooks crashing is a worrisome problem. This error is generally encountered while the user emails the invoices. At the time when the user hits the OK tab to send the invoices via mail, suddenly the com error flashes on the screen.
- In case of damaged windows components and MS-Office components.
- Also, if the QuickBooks software is unable to connect with the Email service or client.
- Or, if any type of damage occurs to the QuickBooks components.
- Any kind of virus or Trojan hampering the sync.
- If the firewall blocks the QuickBooks communication process, this kind of can appears on the screen.
- When any spiteful activity software’s deleted the obligatory QuickBooks Components or files .
There can be more than one method when it comes to troubleshooting steps for crash com errors in QuickBooks. Before you opt for any of the below-discussed methods, we would suggest you create a backup of the QB data. Let us check out the troubleshooting methods:
Method 1 – Configuring QuickBooks firewall and security Exceptions
- Configuring QuickBooks firewall and security exceptions - Screenshot
- To begin with, the user is required to add the QuickBooks firewall Exceptions to the QB Communication funnel right.
- After that, the user is required to configure the QuickBooks process and port exceptions in the system security software.
- The next step is to restart the computer and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- The last and final step in this method is to try to open some other report or a form, followed by trying to email it
- To check whether the crash com error persists, or else the user is required to move on to the final method.
Method #2 – QuickBooks Desktop and Company file fine-tuning
- In this method, the very first step is to open and update the QuickBooks to the latest release
- After that, the user is required to try QuickBooks manual updates, in case the user sees QB update errors.
- Now, simply open and verify the QuickBooks company file, to check the data integrity of the company file.
- The next step is to open the item that encountered the QB crash com error and then try once again to email it.
- Lastly, the user is required to open some other report or a form, followed by trying to email it and check if the error persists.
*Method 3 – Create a new Outlook mail profile
This solution will educate us to make an ‘Outlook’ mail profile with some easy steps.
- Firstly you need to create a new Microsoft Outlook
- After that go to the Control Panel and move to the Mail option
- Choose the Show Profile option.
- Hit a click on add option.
- After that Fill in the profile name in the Profile name section, and then hit a click on the OK button.
- Now add an email account by following Onscreen instructions.
- After that select the use of this profile from the drop-down window.
- Then click on the Newly created profile option.
- Hit a click on Apply button and then choose the OK button.
Method 4 – Change toggle mail settings
- Go to the Control Panel settings and navigate to the user account option.
- After that choose the Mail option and then select the Microsoft Outlook option.
- Now navigate to the Mail Set up window, and then choose Show Profile.
- Choose the Outlook option.
- After that choose the screen prompt commands for the profile to be used and choose the Apply button.
- After that choose Always use this profile option.
- Now use this Profile to toggle the selection, and then press Apply button and finally choose the OK button.
Method 5 – Update Microsoft Outlook
- First of all, go to the File option, in Microsoft Outlook
- After that choose Office Account, then hit a click on Update Options.
- Now choose Update Now. (This will take a few seconds to update the MS outlook.)
- Method 6 – Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode
- Firstly, you need to hit a right-click on QuickBooks desktop and choose the Properties option.