UPDATE: We are not rebuilding Facebook and there is only so much dev work to be done. We have received over 30 applications, way more than we ever thought we could get and we will choose from that list. We are grateful and humbled by all the offers we have received from you. Thank you!
We have been working on helping-hands.io for the past days and we have just launched the first version in Germany a few minutes ago. Our plan is to quickly expand internationally because of network effects, starting with an English version of the app this week still and then go into Italian, Spanish and other languages as we get translators in.
We are looking for a React developer. The basic features are already covered but as you flip through the screens, you probably already have some ideas going through your head – picture those ideas as features of the version that you help create!
We have received a first donation which goes straight into ads, because precise reach of people is everything. Therefore we can't pay you a salary. But:
- You do the right thing. We all do this next to our full-time jobs and we are just trying to make it work.
- You can add it to your portfolio. The project has already attracted interest from the media and we expect more as we grow – and grow we will: Other sites in Germany went well beyond 10k signups within a matter of days already but they are unable to process that volume (let alone go international) because they are essentially entries in Google sheets which need to be manually matched.
- You don't have to commit long-term. A few days will already make a big difference.
- The full startup experience: Slack, Trello, launch on ProductHunt this week, time pressure, fast growth. All of us are experienced with these things and we take this very seriously.
- You can work from home. Obviously...
If you want to join, write me here, via Twitter, LinkedIn or fill this form. But don't leave us hanging for too long – we are in a special situation that requires special people. And there are people who are depending on help from others who can't get it – right in this moment!
Thank you to Ben and the DEV team for boosting this post. We highly appreciate it and all the work you are continuously putting into this platform!