What is Bootstrap?
what is react-bootstrap?
It is one of the React libraries that get old, update, and grow with React itself and make the best choice to design a UI. It uses functions and hooks that make it stateful components.
What is Reactstrap?
The Reactstrap is a library of a whole bunch of components that work with bootstrap 4. Unlike react-bootstrap, it uses built-in, ready-to-use Bootstrap components that are redesigned as JSX.
To use Reactstrap, we need to install both Bootstrap CSS and reactstrap components. It helps to create a responsive user interface. Reactstrap uses class components and maybe uses hooks in fewer updates. It is also an excellent choice to create a responsive mobile-first webpage.
- React-bootstrap built its components from scratch.
- React-bootstrap is using hooks and functions that make it a stateful component.
- React-bootstrap provides its implementations to create animations
- npm install react-bootstrap
- Components List Alerts, Accordion, Badge, Breadcrumb, Buttons, Button Group, Cards, Carousel, Dropdowns, Figures, Forms, Input Group, Images, Jumbotron, List Group, Modal, Navs, Navbar, Overlays, Pagination, Popovers, Progress, Spinners, Table, Tabs, Tooltips, Toasts.
- Reactstrap uses ready-to-use prebuilt components
- Reactstrap is a class-based stateless component
- Reactstrap uses poppers and transitions to create animations.
- npm install reactstrap
- Components List Alerts, Badge, Breadcrumbs, Button Dropdown, Button Group, Buttons, Card, Carousel, Collapse, Dropdowns, Fade, Form, Input Group, Jumbotron, Layout, List, List Group, Media, Modals, Navbar, Navs, Pagination, Popovers, Progress, Spinners, Tables, Tabs, Toasts, Tooltips.
React-bootstrap installation and creating the first React-bootstrap app
First, make sure that NodeJS, Visual studio code, and npm are installed on your machine.
- Open the Visual code terminal and create an app with the help of the below command. this procedure may take more than ten minutes. you can use “yarn” instead of “npm”. npx uses to execute packages rather than installed which is used when we run the npm command.
npx create-react-app my_app
It will open the current folder of created application.
Start your application. The below command will start your browser with http://localhost:3000/. this procedure may take a few minutes.
- After successfully creating the app, Install and save react-bootstrap
npm install react-bootstrap bootstrap
- File> Open Folder> my_app > src open index.js and write this import statement at the first line inside the index.jx file. It enables bootstrap styling.
Replace this below code with the code written in the App.js file inside the src folder of your app.
Reactstrap Installation and create the first Reactstrap app
Run below command
- It installs and runs all the packages that are used to develop React.js application
npm install -g create-react-app
- create react application
- open the folder in which you are currently working
- start your app that will open in browse http://localhost:3000.
- install bootstrap to your app.
npm i bootstrap
npm i reactstrap react react-dom
- File> Open Folder> myapp > src open index.js and copy this line of import statement at the start of the index.js file and save. It enables bootstrap styling.
- open App.js from the src folder, remove code that is already written and paste this below code and save.
In this article, we are discussing the comparison between reactstrap and react-bootstrap. Both work the same and there is no significant difference but the is reactstrap has prebuilt components and react-bootstrap built their components from scratch. It is the developer's preference to use which one according to project need.
Oldest comments (0)