I moved to a new company as a full-time frontend dev, the company has a React app that works as a dashboard where their users can create/manage automated financial-workflows, now, the current codebase is "IMO" pretty messy, think of the following:
- Some parts of the app were written in JS and others are written in TS.
- There're no unit tests what so ever!
- I'm not sure if this one is common but the backend guys are contributing to the frontend app.
- There's no unified code style across the codebase, every one is applying their style.
- The app is using multiple solutions for the same problem, for instance, they're using
mat-uiall at the same time.
that was to give you a hint about what the codebase looks like.
What I'm asking is this, if you're in my position, what would be your strategies/plans to deal with this situation?