What is the best path to become a developer or designer, to start making applications, websites, and more? I have had some experience going through a number of journies myself and hopefully I can provide a small bit of assistance here.
With a background of Computer Science at University, I thought this would be what I needed to get started, but I found I still didn't feel quite ready. Going into the work world was scary, since it felt like nothing I learnt helped. I ended up going back and studying on my own, at home, doing tutorials and courses online and making my own projects. This helped me get ready where I felt like I knew my own skills.
The end result was that it took me years before I applied for jobs as I never really believed in myself. Thefefore if you are looking at what path to take to start development, here are my tips:
- Learn on your own, doing online tutorials, courses
- Work on projects, ideas, this is the best kind of learning
- University and Colleges are over-rated, don't expect them to make you feel ready
- Apply for jobs even if you don't feel 100% prepared;
- You will learn more on the job than any prior experience can prepare you for
- Believe in yourself.
Special thanks if you subscribe to my channel :)
I will try to post new great content every day. Here are the latest items: