This is maybe not gonna work for some of you . but so far it has been helping me throughout my software development career path.
it would be nice if the variable naming conventions follows Laravel Best Practice it would be like 20 minutes reading.
- refer this docs git forks and upstreams
- always pull from
Master (upstream/master)upstream branch every single time u want to commit or start coding or before pushing codes.
- always check for conflict issue and fix it before pushing .
- always follow commit message formats Commit Message Standards . most of the time i'll be using feat and fix. below are the sample of my commit message
- fixes -
fix : update logic codes of this feature
- feature -
feat : create new endpoints for feature
- fixes -
- if youre fixing bug or adding feature or enhancement, put the github issue number as follows
fix : issue #385or
feat : issue #385
- always run
bin/csfix.shbefore pushing. this is to ensures that code style across application would be the same and formatted.
- always practice creating a new branch for new features or fix.
- everytime you want to do sprint endpoints always create new branch for your sprint eg:
sprint-12do not use the
Masterbranch for every commit you want to make.
- once the commit and push the codes into the branch , make a pull request to upstream
Master (upstream/master)branch .
- it'll be easier if u create new branch from upstream
Master (upstream/master)and code whatever u need inside that separate branch.
- after pull request has been merge, please delete the branch. and start over again if you want to run a new sprint.
- always pull codes from upstream
Master (upstream/master)by running
git pull upstream master
i would be grateful if you can add more.