Ansible provides different Google Cloud Platform modules for automating google cloud platform. In this blog we will be creating a Google Compute Engine Instance and deploy Apache Server on it using Ansible.
- Create Project on Google Cloud Platform.
- Create a Serviceaccount with editor access. (Refer Creating-service-account)
You can find the resources in abhivaidya07/ansible_gcloud
- Install python version > 3.0
$ sudo yum install python3-pip
- The GCP modules require both the requests and the google-auth libraries to be installed.
$ sudo pip3 install requests google-auth
- Install Ansible
$ sudo pip3 install ansible
- Download .JSON credentials file of created service account.
- Edit instance_name in vars/main.yml, by default it is centos-7.
- Edit machine_type in vars/main.yml, by default it is e2-micro.
- Edit zone in vars/main.yml, by default it is us-central1-a.
- Edit source_image in vars/main.yml, by default it is CENTOS-7.
- Give project id, .JSON file_path in vars/main.yml file.
- Run the Playbook
$ ansible-playbook gce.yml
- Your Google Compute Engine Instance is now created, with Apache Server installed in it.
- Browse to instance public ip address, and you will see HELLO WORLD !! is getting displayed.