- It occupies the entire horizontal space of its parent element.
- Always start on a new line.
Most elements by default belongs to this category. For a complete list please refer to MDN list of block elements
- Does not start on a new line.
- Its width and height are determined by the content.
- Not affected by width, height, margin-top, margin-bottom properties.
- Affected by horizontal padding and margin.
- Affected by padding-top and padding-bottom, but only visually. Other elements will not respect the vertical paddings.
For a complete list of inline elements MDN list of inline elements
- An inline element that respects margin, width and height.