Javascipt is a great language and i believe every web developer in todays world should definitely learn it.
like React , Angular , Next JS etc.
So this is a gist of some of the questions and concepts that i have came across in my interview for some product based startups.
Arrays are very important and since you will be using them so much in your day to day use case as being a web dev you should definitely learn all the things that can be done in js for arrays like
also you should learn how we iterate over arrays
Also learn these :-
So every interviewer expects you know the basics of Objects.
Try to understand them and apply them in any of your projects.
Objects will also be used while you work on things like json all that is is a big blob of object so you have to work with them .
So try to understand all related topics to objects
Things like how we add an item to an object
- How to iterate through an object
- How can we delete an item from an object
Try to also learn things like object.keys , object.freeze etc.
More Good Topics
Every interviewer will ask you questions related to these questions so its very necessary that you know these concepts and can explain them in detail
- Whats Execution context in js.
- Whats a promise and how to create one .
- What are callbacks
- whats async/await used for
- Difference between == and ===
- whats call , apply and bind .
- Difference between simple functions and arrow functions
- What are closures
- whats memoization
- what is an IIFE(Immediately Invoked Function Expression).
- Difference between let and Var.
- Different stages of a promise.
- Difference between setTimeout and setInterval
There are other topics also which you should give a good go before going for the interview , not everyone will ask you these but its good to know them
- Whats prototype and prototypal inheritance
- what are anonymous functions
- Event bubbling and how do you prevent that.
- Whats promise.all
- whats a polyfill.
All right , i guess this will be hopefully helpful for any one out there .
Feel free to reach out to me for any thing over email