An OCR tool to recognize Hindi numerals.
- OS: Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS X 10.9 or newer, GNU/Linux, BSD and other Unix Systems.
- Tools Used: Python, OpenCV, Tesseract
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or newer, AMD Phenom 2 X3 or newer
- Memory: 4 GB or more
- GPU: Any OpenGL 1.2 capable graphics card.
- Storage: 4 GB or more
- To identify hand-written Hindi numerals using neural networks.
- To identify the numerals in an autonomous way.
Anyone trying to recognize hand-written Hindi numerals in an autonomous way.
Hello everyone, Abhishek here
Showing off my Project for #devgrad2020
I have currently used
Tesseract for building this project.
I got to learn a lot about OCR systems and also various things related to Computer Vision, like the LTSM models used in Tesseract 4.0 and above. Right now, I have added script which takes an example image as input and prints out the recognized characters on the terminal.
I'm also planning to work with
tesseract.js and build a full featured web app in the future with what I have learned from this project.