The NBTSTAT windows command-line tool is to display networking statistics. To know more about this command, read further.
CMD Line is a text-based interface that transfers the command from the user to the OS.
The command-line interpreter (CLI) for windows is CMD.EXE. Also, you can use PowerShell which can automize many system administration tasks and these tasks are not approachable in command prompt. With the help of the CLI, you can communicate with your system by typing the text in commands. As a result, your system answers to the text that you have typed previously, and then the user can proceed with the next command line that shows up.
Run command window helps you to run programs, open the files and folders. And there are several ways to open up the run command dialog box. This run command box is useful for you to head straight to the destined program easily.
By using the Keyboard shortcut Key:
The shortcut key method to the run command box is the most commonly used one. Also, this method is in all versions of Windows. You need to press the Windows+ R key concurrently to open the Run command dialog box.
The NBTSTAT windows command-line tool is for displaying protocol statistics and current TCP/IP connections using NBT. This command is an external command.
- Remote name
NBTSTAT -a Remote_host_Name [options] [interval]
- IP address
NBTSTAT -A IP_address [options] [interval]
- -a – This key lists the remote machine’s name table, given its name
- -A – List the remote machine’s name table, given its IP address
- -c – List NBT’s cache of remote names and their IP addresses.
- -n – List local NetBIOS names.
- -r – List names resolved by broadcast and via WINS
- -R – Purge and reloads the remote cache name table
- -S – List sessions table with the destination IP addresses
- -s – List sessions table, converting destination IP addresses to computer NETBIOS names.
- -RR (ReleaseRefresh)- Sends the Name Release packets to WINS and then, starts Refresh interval Redisplay selected statistics, pausing interval seconds between each display. For to stop re displaying statistics, press Ctrl+C.
The NBTSTAT command line parameters are Case sensitive.
- For to display the local NetBIOS name use
- If you want to list the remote machine’s name table, given its IP address use
In this guide, we have stated the NBTSTAT windows command-line tool with its syntax and examples. Hope you find this article a useful one. Leave your valuable comments in the comment box regarding this article.
- MSIEXEC The MSIEXEC windows command-line tool is a Microsoft Windows installer. This command-line tool is to install and execute actions on the Windows installer.
- MSINFO32 The MSINFO32 windows command is for displaying the system information.
- NBTSTAT The NBTSTAT windows command-line tool is for displaying protocol statistics and current TCP/IP connections using NBT.
- NETSTAT The NETSTAT windows command-line tool displays the networking statistics. This command displays the current TCP/IP network connections and protocol statistics.
- MD The MD windows command-line tool is for creating a new directory. By using this MD windows command, you can create one or multiple folders or directories.