Finding the Windows architecture is one of the most important processes in installing applications on your system. Nowadays, most software manufacturers are developing their applications only for the 64-bit architecture only. The best example we can say is Adobe products. Most of the products of Adobe support only the 64-bit OS. And the IC makers also focussed to developed only 64-bit based chipsets. But still, most people all around the world are using the 32-bit Windows Architecture on their devices.
In this article, we discussed the various and efficient ways to find your Windows and other OS architecture easily. Can we start?
There are more than 2 different ways to find the architecture in Windows 10 OS and they are:
Yeah, you can easily find whether your Windows is running on 32-bit or 64-bit. To do this, follow the below instructions.
- Use the shortcut key Windows and R to open the Run Window.
- And enter the command “ CMD ” & click the OK button.
- Now, it will launch you the official Windows Command Prompt on your screen.
- Now, by entering the following command in command prompt, you can easily find the Windows architecture.
**$** wmic os get OSArchitecture
- The above command will immediately shows your Windows Architecture on the Command Prompt itself.
That’s it, Now your command prompt will show that your Windows device is 64-bit. if your device is 32-bit and then the command prompt will results in 32-bit as your Windows Architecture. Via command prompt is supported by most Windows Versions. This is one of the easiest ways to determine. Now we look into the other ways.
This is the most conventional way to find your Windows architecture. This method will suit only Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11 only.
- Use the shortcut, Windows and E to open the File Explorer.
- Then goto the This PC option.
- And now you need to Right-Click on the This PC option.
- You can able to see an option Property in the last of the pop-up.
- Now, tap the Property option, and it will open your Windows properties on your screen.
- Under the System Type option, you can able to see your Windows Architecture.
This is the second easiest way to determine your Windows is a 32-bit or 64-bit PC.
- Open the Start Menu
- Goto the All Programs option
- Then goto the Accessories option
- You can able to see the System Tools folder and in that you need to select the System information to show the properties of your Windows PC
- Under the system type option, you can able to view your Older Windows Device architecture version.
Is it possible to find whether your MAC/Linux device is 64-bit or 32-bit OS? Yeah it is possible and the steps are:
- Tap the Apple icon from the menu bar
- Choose the About the Mac option
- Now click on the More info option
- Under the Hardware section , you can able to view your chipset device name
- Copy the name and search in online and you can able to find the version of it.
- Open the Linux terminal and enter the following command
**$** uname -a
You can get the output from the above command as SMP Tue Sep 2 00:11:21 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
The output may be different based on your device and its version.
That’s it, We think the above tutorial will help you find your device architecture version easily. If you have any queries related to this topic or any suggestions and then you can use our comment section. Read more at WindowsCMD.com
The post How to Check If Windows is 32bit or 64bit Via CMD Prompt Easily? appeared first on Windows Commands- SS64 Commands.