CLIP – This command-line tool is to Copy STDIN to the Windows clipboard. Basically, this command is to copy the result of any command to the Windows clipboard.
CMD Line is a text-based interface that transfers the command from the user to the OS.
The command-line interpreter (CLI) for windows is CMD.EXE. Also, you can use PowerShell which can automize many system administration tasks and these tasks are not approachable in command prompt. With the help of the CLI, you can communicate with your system by typing the text in commands. As a result, your system answers to the text that you have typed previously, and then the user can proceed with the next command line that shows up.
Run command window helps you to run programs, open the files and folders. And there are several ways to open up the run command dialog box. This run command box is useful for you to head straight to the destined program easily.
By using the Keyboard shortcut Key:
The shortcut key method to the run command box is the most commonly used one. Also, this method is in all versions of Windows. You need to press the Windows+ R key concurrently to open the Run command dialog box.
This command copies the result of any command to the Windows clipboard. You can use this command to copy data directly into any application that can receive a text from the Clipboard.
command | CLIP CLIP < filename.txt
NOTE: While using clip.exe in a batch script, you should warn the user that their clipboard is about to be overwritten.
DIR | CLIP
DATE /t | CLIP
In this article, we have seen the CLIP command , which is used to copy the result of any command to the Windows clipboard. If you have any queries related to this article, let us know in the comment section.
- CLIP The CLIP command-line tool is to copy the result of any command to the Windows clipboard.
- CLS CLS command is to erase all characters and graphics from the screen. To be more precise, this command clears the screen.
- CIPHER CIPHER is a window command-line tool that is used to encrypt and decrypt files and folders.
- COLOR This command is to change the color in the command prompt window. This COLOR command changes the foreground and the background color of the command prompt.
- CACLS The CACLS command-line tool modifies the Access Control Lists for files.