CMD Line is a text-based interface that transfers the command from the user to the OS. In this, the ADmodcmd command line works as an active Directory bulk modify tool. For this, there is a GUI tool (Graphical User Interface) called admodify.exe.
The command-line interpreter (CLI) for windows is CMD.EXE. Also, you can use PowerShell which can automize many system administration tasks and these tasks are not approachable in command prompt. With the help of the CLI, you can communicate with your system by typing the text in commands. As a result, your system answers to the text that you have typed previously, and then the user can proceed with the next command line that shows up.
Run command window helps you to run programs, open the files and folders. And there are several ways to open up the run command dialog box. This run command box is useful for you to head straight to the destined program easily.
The shortcut key method to the run command box is the most commonly used one. Also, this method is in all versions of Windows. You need to press the Windows+ R key concurrently to open the Run command dialog box.
- You can also use the search box to open the Run command Windows.
- In the left corner of your desktop, you can see the search box near the Windows icon.
- In that box type run, a pop-up menu box appears in that select Run.
- After you select the Run app in the pop-up menu, the Run dialog box appears on your screen.
- By using one of these methods, you can open the Run command Windows.
In this, the ADmodcmd command line works as an active Directory bulk modify tool. For this, there is a GUI tool (Graphical User Interface) called admodify.exe.
admodcmd [-dn BaseDN] [-p pagesize] [-s] [-server servername] [-f LDAPFilter] [modification]
- -dn BaseDN -This parameter Base DN to begin the LDAP query.
modification – Modification to perform:
- Terminal Server Attributes | Exchange Related Attributes
- Mailbox Rights | User Account Settings | Custom Attributes
-p page size -LDAP Page size to use for the query.
-s -Perform a subtree search (Default = one level search)
-server servername – The server to make the changes to by default, changes are made locally if on a DC. If on a member, DNS is used to find a DC.
-f LDAPFilter – A Valid LDAP filter to use when enumerating objects. The default filter is (objectClass=user).
The changes that are carried out with ADModcmd can be undone as if the XML log file that logged the changes still exists. And these files are usually in the same folder while the admodify executable.
admodcmd [-dn BaseDN] [-p pagesize] [-s] [-server servername] -undo logfilename -server servername]
- Logfilename – The log file that contains the changes to be undone.
- servername – The DC to write the changes to. And by default, changes are made locally if on a DC. DNS is used to find a DC.
To get information on users that were skipped during an undo process, You have to refer to the undolog.file.
In this, we have shown you about the ADmodmd.exe command line that works as an active Directory bulk modify tool. If you have any queries, tell us in the comments section.
- [4+] Open Elevated or Run as Administrator Command Prompt in Windows
- How to Kill Process Using PowerShell in Windows 10 & 11?