Table of content
Earlier, the website was used for content and text-based information generally. Most websites showed only static content, like companies' products, tools, jobs, and sales leads. The Server Side rendering was the only way to get the HTML page rendered on the browser. The servers were to make these HTML Documented pages available to the user whenever the user wants and thus need to load complete information again and again for each new request.
Nowadays, Web Development is gone to another level and consumed maximum Tech market as many application and web-based and as per the requirement and availability is converted into a mobile application using the same tech isn't it amazing? Sever application builds over the web for shopping, social media, banking solutions, online streaming platforms.
This entire work by the server and the browser can take up to several milliseconds. But there is a problem in the whole process as it makes slow user Interactions with the website, as a user when requesting for another page within the same website server repeats the whole and it sucks.
This results in increased load on the server and bandwidth consumption over the internet.
They use Virtual DOM, where the only state updated DOM elements are only re-rendered not the complete webpages' DOM Tree.
Today, Angular and React.js are some of the best examples of libraries used in client-side rendering.
- Better SEO
- Faster initial Page Load
- Great for static sites.
- Slow rendering
- Complete Re-rendering
- Not God User Interactions
- Rich User Interaction
- Fast Rendering
- No Repeted Re-rendering ( Virtual DOM )
- Not Good SEO
- Time to load initially.
- Lot of dependency on other libraries.
This is an important aspect of any tech stack that when to use what?
- SSR can be used where the need for the User-Interface is low or demands static pages.
- Less Dynamic Content.
- Need for Rich SEO usually for blogs and information.
- Documentation instead of complex user interaction and information transfering.
- An application has a very complex UI with many features and functionalities.
- An application has large and dynamic data.
- Write preference of the site is more than reading.
- The focus is on rich sites and a huge number of users.
Make your decision wisely.
Thanks for Reading the Blog.
Hope you Like it.