Are you looking for a new bot to personalize and hype up your Discord server? While there are many bots out there that do some fun and cool stuff like Carl Bot, Groovy Bot, YAGPDB Bot or Dyno Bot, but when it comes to keeping a community's spirit happy, you need to add some tunes here and there.
With so many music bots to choose from, it can be hard finding one that actually gets the job done without making a fuss. The goal is to play music and that without having to type multiple commands or tweaks, which is where Rythm Bot comes in.
Currently being run on more than 10 million servers, Rythm is a popular music playing bot that many discord server managers and moderators use to make their channels a lively place.
If you're interested in knowing what the bot can do, how to install and setup Rythm Bot and some good to know commands, then you've come to the right place.
However, if you're looking to read about some more bots to manage and moderate your discord server, check out our previous bots on Dyno bot and Carl bot for Discord.
Now let's get back to Rythm Bot.
- What is Rythm Bot?
- Rythm Bot Features and Commands
- How to Setup and Install Rythm Bot for your Discord Server
Like we mentioned earlier, Rythm Bot is solely for playing music on your discord server and is quite a popular bot as it is currently serving on more than 10 million discord servers. As it is dedicated to music alone, the bot makes playing music a lag free process and allows you to import YouTube playlists directly or directly search or play from YouTube as well.
It also supports Twitch, SoundCloud, and a few more sources from where you can play music and delivers one of the best music experiences you will find out there.
If you're looking to know more about the features and commands for using this powerful bot, check out the next section.
There are many features to the Rythm bot as it allows users of different discord servers to enjoy lag-free, high-quality music from their favorite sources. Some of its highlight features include:
- Allowing users to play music directly from YouTube, Soundcloud, or Twitch. You can also import YouTube playlists from there as well.
- Rythm also allows you to add two Rythm bots simultaneously to your server if you have multiple channels.
- Rythm bot allows you to control who can access the bot and play music for everyone in the same voice channel.
- You can also remove duplicate songs from your queue without any trouble.
Enough about Rythm Bot's unique features. Here are some commands that will come in handy. Please note that each command has to begin with "!".
- Play: either use this command preceded with an "!" followed by the song name or URL.
- Search: with Search, you get even more control over looking up songs you want to listen to with relevant YouTube results.
- URL: you can also use the URL command to start playing the song you want to listen to/
- Skip: bored with the current song being played, using Skip to go to the next one
- Lyrics: want to know the lyrics of your favorite song? You'll find them displayed by using this command followed by the song and artist name.
- Disconnect: allows you to disconnect the bot from the channel it is currently playing music in.
- Settings: for all settings to be made for moderators or server owners, you will quickly display all your settings with this command.
- Stats: want to know the stats about Rythm Bot? Use this command to know all the details.
- Np: will display what song is currently playing by Rythm bot.
- Aliases: will show you the different aliases of various commands
- Ping: is a great way to check the bot's response time.
- Soundcloud: one of the easiest ways to search for a song on Soundcloud is with this command.
- Remove: lets you easily remove a track or two from a playlist or queue that is currently being played.
- Loopqueue: with this command, you can look at an entire queue of songs to be played.
While there are many more commands, it is time you got to know how to install Rythm Bot for your discord server.
Setting up Rythm Bot for your discord server is pretty easy and can be done within 5 minutes. So start your timer and follow these steps:
- Go to Rythmbot.co and click on Add to Discord in the upper right corner.
- Login to your discord server with the email credentials.
Now click on continue and authorize the bot after checking the permissions.
Go back to your discord server dashboard, and you will be able to see the bot added to your server.
To enable the bot, go to settings, select roles, and click on add new roles.
Add the name you want to assign the bot to and click save.
Now in the Online section, click on Rythm Bot, go to settings and assign the bot to the new role you've created.
And you're done! Go ahead and jam out to your favorite band!
As you can see, adding Rythm Bot to your discord server is relatively straightforward and simple. This powerful bot is a great way to personalize your server and get your members pumped while hearing some great songs. It also makes sure that no one else can mess with the playlist, making it a great way to keep trolls away from disturbing the channel.
You can also add more than one Rythm Bot to your server and maximize this fantastic bot's potential.
This post was originally published on The Smart Coder by Naomi Mazoto.
If you want to explore more awesome Discord Bots check out this article about the best discord bots!