Starting your journey as a PHP developer? Then here are some of the best PHP Projects that will inspire you. Before we start the collection, Let's get to know PHP in short.
Well, PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is generally known as a general-purpose scripting language that can be used to develop dynamic and interactive websites. Besides, it was one of the first server-side languages that could be embedded into HTML, making it easier to add functionality to web pages without any need to call external files for data.
It has been around for more than 25 years, tends to evoke some strong opinions among developers today. There is always a debate over whether or not PHP is dead? Whenever there is a new programming language or tool emerges, you’ll probably find a discussion over it.
Yes, it is true that PHP has gone down the rankings of the most popular programming languages, between 5th in 2017 to 8th in 2020 as per the Stack Overflow annual developer survey. Yet, PHP is one of the most used by nearly 80% of all websites, including some major platforms like Facebook and WordPress.
Following are some of the factors that makes PHP desirable:
- PHP can handle forms, i.e. gather data from files, save data to a file, through email you can send data, return data to the user.
- Using PHP, you can restrict users to access some pages of your website.
- PHP performs system functions, i.e. from files on a system it can create, open, read, write, and close them.
- You can add, modify, delete, elements within your database through PHP.
- Also, access cookies variables and set cookies.
- It can encrypt data.
- Many available specialists
- A large base of reference and educational materials
- Better loading speed of websites
- More options for database connectivity
- A large collection of open-source addons
- Inexpensive website hosting
- Great synergy with HTML
- Excellent flexibility and combinability
- Open Source
- Case Sensitive
- Platform Independent
Now, let's start the list...!!
Guzzle is a simple HTTP client for PHP projects. It is meant to facilitate sending HTTP requests in quick time. Besides, it also has a simple interface from where you can build query strings, send POST requests, upload JSON data and other similar services. Moreover, you can also send both synchronous and asynchronous requests via Guzzle.
- Simple interface for building query strings, POST requests, streaming large uploads, streaming large downloads, using HTTP cookies, uploading JSON data, etc...
- Can send both synchronous and asynchronous requests using the same interface.
- Uses PSR-7 interfaces for requests, responses, and streams. This allows you to utilize other PSR-7 compatible libraries with Guzzle.
- Supports PSR-18 allowing interoperability between other PSR-18 HTTP Clients.
- Abstracts away the underlying HTTP transport, allowing you to write environment and transport agnostic code; i.e., no hard dependency on curl, PHP streams, sockets, or non-blocking event loops.
- Middleware system allows you to augment and compose client behavior.
Monolog sends your logs to files, sockets, inboxes, databases and various web services. See the complete list of handlers below. Special handlers allow you to build advanced logging strategies.
This library implements the PSR-3 interface that you can type-hint against in your own libraries to keep a maximum of interoperability. You can also use it in your applications to make sure you can always use another compatible logger at a later time. As of 1.11.0 Monolog public APIs will also accept PSR-3 log levels. Internally Monolog still uses its own level scheme since it predates PSR-3.
This is a full featured email sending class for PHP projects. This class is a great replacement for the mail() function provided by PHP.
- Probably the world's most popular code for sending email from PHP!
- Used by many open-source projects: WordPress, Drupal, 1CRM, SugarCRM, Yii, Joomla! and many more
- Integrated SMTP support – send without a local mail server
- Send emails with multiple To, CC, BCC and Reply-to addresses
- Multipart/alternative emails for mail clients that do not read HTML email
- Add attachments, including inline
Nextcloud promises a reliable and safe place for all your web data. Using Nextcloud, you can easily sync your files, databases, contacts and other services on the go. The platform also offers optimum security with its two factor authentication feature, thereby helping you to safeguard your data completely.
- Access your Data: You can store your files, contacts, calendars and more on a server of your choosing.
- Sync your Data: You keep your files, contacts, calendars and more synchronized amongst your devices.
- Share your Data: By giving others access to the stuff you want them to see or to collaborate with.
- Expandable with hundreds of Apps: like Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Video Chat and all those you can discover in our App Store
- Security: With our encryption mechanisms, HackerOne bounty program and two-factor authentication
It is a developer-friendly and highly customizable Laravel admin template. Furthermore, you can use this one of the best free laravel admin templates to create eye-catching, high-quality, and high-performing single-page applications. Materio is also equipped with invaluable features designed to help you create premium quality apps exactly as you imagine them.
In addition, incredibly versatile, the Materio Vuetify Vuejs Laravel admin template also allows you to build any type of web applications such as: CRM, Analytic apps, Education apps, Fitness Apps, Analytics apps, etc..
- Pure VueJS, Laravel
- Utilizes Vuex, Vue Router, Webpack
- 1 Dashboard
- Material Icons
- Basic cards
- Fully Responsive Layout
- Organized Folder Structure
- Clean & Commented Code
Monica is an open-source web application to organize and record your interactions with your loved ones. We call it a PRM, or Personal Relationship Management. Think of it as a CRM (a popular tool used by sales teams in the corporate world) for your friends or family.
Monica allows people to keep track of everything that’s important about their friends and family. Like the activities with them. When you last called someone and what you talked about. It will help you remember the name and the age of their kids. It can also remind you to call someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Add and manage contacts
- Define relationships between contacts
- Automatic reminders for birthdays
- Stay in touch with a contact by sending reminders at a given interval
- Management of debts
Flysystem is a filesystem abstraction. Use this library to replace the local file system with a remote file system.
Flysystem is a file storage library for PHP. It provides one interface to interact with many types of filesystems. When you use Flysystem, you're not only protected from vendor lock-in, you'll also have a consistent experience for which ever storage is right for you.
PsySH offers a dev console and interactive debugger for PHP projects. In effect, this repo creates a REPL platform for PHP developers.
Bagisto can help you cut down your time, cost, and workforce for building online stores or migrating from physical stores to the ever-demanding online world. Your business whether small or huge can benefit. And it's straightforward to set it up.
Postlight's Headless WordPress + React Starter Kit is an automated toolset that will spin up three things:
- A WordPress backend that serves its data via the WP REST API and GraphQL.
- A sample React frontend powered by the WP GraphQL API, which supports posts, pages, categories, menus, search, and user sign-in.
- Another sample server-side rendered React frontend using Next.js powered by the WP REST API.
You can read all about it in this handy introduction.
- An automated installer which bootstraps a core WordPress installation that provides an established, stable REST API.
- A plugin which exposes a newer, in-progress GraphQL API for WordPress.
- The WordPress plugins you need to set up custom post types and custom fields (Advanced Custom Fields and Custom Post Type UI).
- Plugins which expose those custom fields and WordPress menus in the WP REST API (ACF to WP API and WP-REST-API V2 Menus).
- JWT authentication plugins: JWT WP REST and JWT WP GraphQL.
Paseto is everything you love about JOSE (JWT, JWE, JWS) without any of the many design deficits that plague the JOSE standards.
This library is a reference implementation of PASETO in the PHP language.
Craft is a flexible, user-friendly CMS for creating custom digital experiences on the web and beyond.
Craft is a self-hosted PHP application built on Yii that emphasizes custom development plugins. When using Craft CMS, developers have the basic structure in place that could be customized to fit a broad range of project specifications.
- An intuitive, user-friendly control panel for content creation and administrative tasks.
- A clean-slate approach to content modeling that doesn’t make any assumptions about the content you need to manage.
- An auto-generated GraphQL API that can be consumed for building headless applications.
- A fast and flexible templating system based on Twig for building traditional websites.
- A powerful ecommerce platform for building bespoke ecommerce experiences.
- A built-in Plugin Store with hundreds of free and commercial plugins.
- A robust framework for module and plugin development.
- An active, vibrant community.
Panther is a convenient standalone library to scrape websites and to run end-to-end tests using real browsers.
Panther is super powerful. It leverages the W3C's WebDriver protocol to drive native web browsers such as Google Chrome and Firefox.
Panther is very easy to use, because it implements Symfony's popular BrowserKit and DomCrawler APIs, and contains all the features you need to test your apps. It will sound familiar if you have ever created a functional test for a Symfony app: as the API is exactly the same! Keep in mind that Panther can be used in every PHP project, as it is a standalone library.
- Supports everything that Chrome (or Firefox) implements
- Allows taking screenshots
- Can wait for asynchronously loaded elements to show up
- Lets you run your own JS code or XPath queries in the context of the loaded page
- Supports custom Selenium server installations
- Supports remote browser testing services including SauceLabs and BrowserStack
Manage your Laravel Schedule from a pretty dashboard. Schedule your Laravel Console Commands to your liking. Enable/Disable scheduled tasks on the fly without going back to your code again.
A high-level machine learning and deep learning library for the PHP language.
- Developer-friendly API is delightful to use
- 40+ supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms
- Support for ETL, preprocessing, and cross-validation
- Open source and free to use commercially
Voten.co is an open-source, beautiful, highly customizable yet deadly simple, and warm community.
Churn-PHP is a package that helps you identify PHP files in your project that could be good candidates for refactoring. It examines each PHP file in the path it is provided.
- Checks how many commits it has.
- Calculates the cyclometric complexity.
- Creates a score based on these two values.
So, here was the collection of the best PHP Projects GitHub 2021.
Many believes that PHP is drained or dead. But the reality is different. As mentioned above there are still more than 80% sites which uses PHP.
Besides, regardless of the trends you should choose the language as per your project need and requirements. If it needs to use PHP then go with it without any hesitation.
We have gathered some of the best PHP projects for you so that you don't need to look for them here and there.
Do share your feedbacks and suggestions in the comment section below.