Tap to Pay on iPhone
You can now accept in-person contactless payments with only a compatible iPhone. With Tap to Pay on iPhone and the Stripe Terminal SDK, you can accept payments—from physical debit and credit cards to Apple Pay and other digital wallets—without extra hardware. With this fast and easy way to accept payments, we’re excited to help developers better support merchants on-the-go, be it for pop-up events and on-demand services, or to curate personalized retail experiences.
Embeddable pricing table
Add a custom call-to-action: Include a custom call-to-action on the embeddable pricing table for a product that can redirect to any URL. You can use this if you have custom pricing or a high-touch sales process for one of your products.
Support tiered pricing: The embeddable pricing table now supports the ability to price on a per unit basis, otherwise known as tiered pricing.
Introducing the Address Element: This is an embeddable UI component that helps businesses go to market faster and increase conversion by autofilling shipping or billing addresses. Available for web integrations and native mobile apps, the Address Element has saved businesses a week of development time on average.
Multiple layouts for the Payment Element: Businesses can now select from multiple layouts to match their existing checkout experience. The accordion layout allows you to display more payment methods for improved conversion for those with a diverse customer base with many payment preferences.
One-click checkout with Link is now available with the Payment Element in Europe: Link, which autofills your customers’ payment information to create a fast and easy checkout experience, is now available for use in the Payment Element in 31 European countries. A complete list of country availability can be found on Stripe docs.
Stripe Android SDK: Android SDK versions 20.12.0-20.14.1 were released this month, and include an expanded payment_method field for ACH requests, fixes to PaymentSheets, and the availability of PaymentMethod.Card.networks.
Stripe iOS SDK: iOS SDK versions 22.8.1-22.8.3 contain updates to PaymentSheet, CardScan, and Identity, as well as bug fixes for Financial Connections and the Card Scan UI.
Stripe React Native: version 0.19 was released, which contains breaking changes required to fit updated brand guidelines from Google for Google Pay and moves the minimum compileSdkVersion to v33.
- The Payment Request Button supports Link. Learn how Link offers a faster checkout experience and how to turn it on from your Stripe Dashboard.
- With Checkout and Payment Links, you can use multi-currency Prices to present your customers’ local currency, which can help lower abandonment and increase conversion.
- Ever want to confirm a payment using custom hand gestures? Now you can with an Arduino, a little machine learning, and Stripe. Hear Charlie’s talk from Nerdala.
- Take some time out of your day to read about how you can transfer a machine learning model from the browser to an Arduino via bluetooth in five steps.
- @devdevcharlie joined LogRocket’s podcast to talk about maintaining Stripe samples, TensorFlow, monitoring overhead planes via an antenna and a browser client, and encouraging you to do more weird stuff.
Three new tinydemos are available this month where we showed off how to:
- Accept Blik, a popular payment method for Polish customers, in the Payment Element.
- Use the Appearance API to customize Payment Element styling to match your brand settings.
- Showcase custom calls-to-action in the embeddable pricing table to prompt users to visit a link, email, or telephone.
- Jerome Leclanche gave a talk at DjangoCon 2022 on how to facilitate sponsorships for open-source projects.
- dj-stripe, Django library for Stripe, released a long awaited version 2.7, which features full in-db management of webhook endpoints through the admin, multiple endpoints per install, and more.
- @sunglassface made an update to his tutorial on automating the delivery of purchases using Zapier and Stripe Payment Links.
- John Nussbaum, svelte-stripe maintainer, covered the open-source project Sky Cart, an embeddable, cloud-agnostic shopping cart that uses Stripe Checkout.
- Laravel Stripe released version 14.3.0.
- Sonny Sangha teaches you how to build Amazon 2.0 with NEXT.JS (ReactJS, Webhooks, Firestore, NextAuth, and Stripe Checkout).
- Learn how to create a basic ecommerce site with Vue and Laravel Cashier Stripe.
- Build a site that collects recurring payments from your customers using Stripe in React and Node.js.
- Check out two NPM packages from Kishan Gajera: Stripe Event Types, which provides TypeScript type definitions for Stripe webhook event type and data.object fields, and Stripe Onboarder, which automates the onboarding of Stripe Express accounts using Puppeteer.
💬 Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for updates and answers to your developer questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API.
👾 Join the Stripe Discord server to chat live with other developers.
📺 Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for office hours, live streams, and online technical workshops.
📚 Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of this developer digest.
📥 Submit dev content for the developer digest.
Latest comments (0)