re: Using the term Artineer VIEW POST


It’s a nice thought, that we need another distinction for creative types. Lots of people in engineering don’t embrace the artist, some people that’s exactly what they are looking for. IMHO it’s better to call yourself an engineer. Engineers are typically paid more than creatives, unless your a high profile Art Director or someone like that.

The pathos of art and engineering is different. Engineering is about finding technological solutions that satisfy the needs of the end user.

Art can be about finding solutions that represent the needs (or wants) of the end user.

Creativity is pervasive in all forms of creation, from engineering to art.

Some companies call it Creative Technologist. Disney has a word specifically for engineers who work on the theme parks: Imagineer. If you’re an Artineer, be an Artineer through and through.

code of conduct - report abuse