Hello everybody 👋 !
This is my first post and I would like to share some tips & tricks from my newbie experience and maybe help other beginners.
One year ago I have decided to change my career and start learning programming.
So here are some tips & tricks:
Find your path
- I am not good at self learning, so I've decided to join a school, for me it was Codecool
- If you are not like me, I strongly recommend freecodecamp
- Or just have a look here (the hard and long way) or get inspired here
You do not need technical background, you do not need to know math (some basics are still recommended:))
Do not try to learn everything ❗ (there are a lot of programming languages and tools)
Start from the basics and then add more and more (don't jump into OOP or some fancy frameworks)
Be consistent (try to code and learn something new everyday)
- You can practice on codewars or get more advices here
- Start your dream project
- Look for some applications ideas here on dev
Don't give up and be optimistic
Top comments (0)