I'm writing this article based on my experience during the SEO optimization of one of my products. As the title suggests, I'm a complete newbie in this complex field and I'm not advising anyone to implement any tip listed here. For me, some tips just worked but it's hard to say if is it pure luck, or God loves SEO. With all the optimization applied, the page scores 88 on Lighthouse and has no red bullets in the stats. Thank you for reading!
Rank better for keyword "flask apps" and improve the page speed.
First step: choosing the keyword with the free keyword tool with a funny name. Keywords combinations, and associated score:
- flask applications - 720/mo
- flask apps - 3,600/mo -> Winner
- flask boilerplate - 590/mo
- full-stack flask - 0/mo
- Added "flask apps" sentence in the page URL: somedomain.com/apps/flask-apps
- Page title (63chars): Flask Apps - FullStack Apps built in Flask Framework | BrandName
- Page Description (116chars): Full-Stack Apps built with Flask Microframework, the popular Python framework used for developing web applications.
- Page H1: Flask Apps
- Page H2: Apps built in Flask Framework
- Page H3: Why is Flask a good choice?
- The main image name: full-stack-apps-built-with-flask-microframework.png
- The main image alt text: Full-Stack Apps built with Flask Microframework, provided by BrandName.
I've included links to the most relevant information returned by Google for this search:
- Paragraphs with relevant information along with H1, H2, H3 tags.
- Related products with Flask keyword in title and links
- Embed the critical CSS into the page, defer the non-critical CSS's
- Fonts optimization - using the fonts faces for the initial page painting, and prefetch the real fonts.
- Accessibility - descriptive alt texts for all images.
- Lazy Load for all images - the initial low-quality images provided by pngquant via command line
- the optimized page for flask apps keyword
- A Huge thanks to Reddit SEO community
- Read allot on Moz.com
- My Twitter ..<('_')>..