Two updates to the emoji island project:
- I modified the UI so you can play on your phone! I'd welcome any feedback, or even a pull request! There should be a way for you to do it all in CodeSandbox, so let me know if you need help!
- To make it super mobile friendly, I registered an emoji domain — literally
https://🏝.fm— for emoji island! And through much struggle I managed to get it to work.
Want to register your own emoji domain? My tips are, if you run into problems with a registrar (which you probably will):
- Definitely let them know about your issues. Nobody fixes what they don't see or know customers care about.
- It may be possible (as it was for me) to manually edit some of their API calls to replace the emoji domain with an alternate code (for
🏝.fmthe code is
xn--rm8h.fm) This is a pain but it may allow you to update dns records you otherwise couldn't
- Be very careful with transfers! I tried and it failed. I thought I lost it all together, but it stayed at the original registrar. I suspect this is also related to special characters and systems unable to process them.
Anyway, I'm happy this works! If it doesn't, let me know! And thanks!
With ❤️ from Emoji Island: