Enable Framework .NET 3.5 in Windows 11 : Here in this article, we will check out the simple steps to enable DOT NET Framework 3.5 services in the latest Windows 11 operating system. This service also includes .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 which means that when we enable .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 11, DOT NET Framework 2.0 , and DOT NET Framework 3.0 will also be included in the services. You can also specifically choose between Windows Communication Foundation(WCF) HTTP Activation and Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation. We will also cover this section in this article.
Let us get into the steps right away. We have provided step-by-step images for the easy understanding of the users. If you have any queries, kindly let us know in the comment section.
- Click on the Start Menu and open Control Panel by searching for it in your Windows 11 operating system.
- Now, switch the Control Panel view to Category.
- You can find Programs over there. Click on that.
- Under Programs and Features , Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Windows Features dialog box will pop up now.
- From the list of services available over there, locate .NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0).
Note : It will be the first of the services available over there. It may change with time but for now, it is the first listed service in the Windows Features dialog box.
Click on the checkbox next to the service and click on OK.
Windows will now search for the required files and apply the necessary changes.
Note : This process may take time and hence kindly be patient.
- Now, you will be provided with two options as Windows will need files from Windows Update to finish installing some features. Click on “ Let Windows Update download the files for you “.
- Windows will now download the required files and apply the necessary changes. Kindly be patient.
- Finally, click on Close to close the window as Windows completed the requested changes. That is it friends. DOT NET Framework 3.5 service is now enabled in your Windows 11 system.
Though you will have the option to restart your PC later after enabling this service, it is highly recommended to restart your PC right away for the effective functioning of this service in your Windows 11 Laptop or PC.
DOT NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 11 comes with the option to specifically enable Windows Communication Foundation(WCF) HTTP Activation and Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation. The following are the steps to choose them.
- Using the above-mentioned steps and assuming that the Windows Features dialog box is open, locate .NET Framework 3.5 from the list of services available.
- Click on the Plus(+) sign next to the service to drop down for options.
- Now, you will find Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation and Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP over there.
- Choose the one which you want to activate or enable and click on the checkbox next to it. You can find a tick sign after you click on that particular checkbox.
- Finally, click OK.
- As usual, Windows will search for the required files and apply the necessary changes.
- That is it. The Services will now be enabled in your Windows 11. If prompted for a reboot, do it right away as it is highly recommended.
You can also choose both of the WCF HTTP & Non-HTTP activation and enable them right away in Windows 11.
We advise you not to disable this service in Windows 11 as disabling this service will also disable .NET Extensibility 3.5 and .NET Environment which will make your system unstable.
If you are aware of the enabling process, then disabling this service will be a hassle-free process. However, we will list out the steps so that they can be useful to the users.
- Open Control Panel via the Start menu.
- Now, switch the Control Panel view to category.
- Click on Programs and under Programs and Features, you will find the option “ Turn Windows features on or off “. Click on that.
- Windows Features dialog box will appear now.
- Locate .NET Framework 3.5 from the list of services available over there.
- Uncheck the checkbox by clicking on that and finally, click on OK.
- Windows will now search for the required files and apply the necessary changes. This process may take some time depending on your system and hence, please be patient.
- Finally, Windows will prompt for a Restart. Do accordingly.
We hope you are satisfied with our article on How to Enable .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 11 and to choose specifically between WCF HTTP and Non-HTTP services in Windows 11. If you have any queries or if you face any difficulties following the above steps, kindly let us know in the comment section.
For more awesome posts, stay tuned to Teckangaroo.