100: Trailhead Engineering with Jeff Douglas
Jeff Douglas is a Principal Member of the Technical Staff for Trailhead. I’ve had our interview in my back pocket for a while now because I wanted to save it for today’s special occasion: our 100th episode. Jeff and I go back a long way and Trailhead has a special place in my heart.
In this episode, you will learn all about Jeff’s experience with Trailhead from its earliest days until now. We also discuss some of the new things coming out with Trailhead including Trail Boss and Trail Tracker. Listen to this special episode to hear more about the secrets to Trailhead’s success and how the engineering team keep it running and keep improving it.
- Jeff’s experiences at Dreamforce.
- How Trailhead challenges work now compared to how they worked in their early days.
- What Trail Boss is.
- The design goals of Trail Boss.
- The tooling that goes into Trail Boss and how much of it is built on the Salesforce platform.
- The features of Trail Tracker.
- How Trail Tracker acts as an upgrade to leaderboards.
- The huge impact Trailhead makes in the world.
- Jeff on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeffdonthemic
- Jeff on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffdouglas/
Jeff on Github: https://github.com/jeffdonthemic