099: Mobile Development with Sue Berry
Sue Berry is a Senior Director of Product Management here at Salesforce. She started her career in cardiology but as soon as she was introduced to computers she was hooked. Now she gets to interact with every side of Salesforce in her current role: the developers, the customers, and everything in between.
Today Sue and I are talking about the many different features and benefits that Salesforce Mobile SDK brings. We also discuss some new things coming out with mobile development. Tune in to hear our insightful conversation.
- How Salesforce release cycles affect mobile development.
- Everything Mobile SDK takes care of for you.
- What mobile sync and smart store are and how they assist with offline syncing.
- The platforms that SDK is for.
- How paneling multiple windows works.
- Improvements Sue and her team have made to landscape and portrait modes.
- The benefits of the Cordova platform.
- What React Native is.
- How to build lighting web components with mobile in mind.
- What the Visual Studio Code experience is like.
- Mobile developments on the roadmap.
- Sue on Twitter: https://twitter.com/suzetteaberry
- Sue on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sue-berry/
- Mobile SDK on Trailhead: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/mobile_sdk_introduction
- LWC Mobile Developer Center: https://developer.salesforce.com/developer-centers/lwc-for-mobile
- Mobile SDK Developer Center: https://developer.salesforce.com/developer-centers/mobile