089: Snowfakery Data Generation with Paul Prescod
Paul Prescod is a performance engineer at Salesforce.org. He is also involved with a project called Snowfakery. This program is capable of creating complicated and unique data records for testing.
In this episode, Paul and I are talking about everything Snowfakery. We also get into some of his background, including his work with a company that created mobile games which motivated behavioral change. Listen in to hear about all this and more.
- How Paul got into his role at Salesforce.org.
- His impetus for building Snowfakery.
- How complex data models are and why.
- Where the name Snowfakery came from.
- How Snowfakery works.
- How much the program scales.
- The outputs Snowfakery is capable of.
- The benefits of Python.
- How the developer community is involved with the creation of Snowfakery.
- Paul on Twitter: https://twitter.com/prescod
- Paul on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulprescod/
- Paul on Github: https://github.com/prescod
- CumulusCI Trailblazer Group: https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/groups/GroupProfilePage?
- Snowfakery Github Repo: https://github.com/SFDO-Tooling/Snowfakery/
- Snowfakery Docs: https://snowfakery.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
- Paul's blog post on Snowfakery: https://medium.com/salesforce-architects/generate-realistic-datasets-with-snowfakery-5349225b033d