086: Second Gen Packaging with Vivek Chalwa
Vivek Chalwa is a Principal ISV Platform Expert here at Salesforce. Today I’m sitting down with him to talk about second-generation packaging and what it means for developers. We also get into how 2GP connects to things like declarative packing configuration, Apex, and orgs.
Vivek has a strong evangelistic angle to him and he even made his way into the Salesforce ecosystem by getting involved in the developer community and eventually becoming a developer group leader. Tune in to hear more from Vivek on the features of 2GP, how it works with your source control and what’s on the roadmap with it.
- Why Vivek started off being a developer group leader.
- How he came to actually work for Salesforce.
- What is 2GP and how it is different from 1GP.
- How declarative packaging configuration works with 2GP.
- How all of this helps with structuring solutions.
- How 2GP pairs with SalesforceDX and source centric development.
- The benefits of flexible versioning and how it works with 2 GP.
- How package bundles will work.
- Vivek on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VivekMChawla
- Vivek on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/VivekMChawla
- Vivek on Github: https://github.com/VivekMChawla
- Deep Dive: 2GP for ISVs (Trailmix): https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/users/isv-platform-experts/trailmixes/deep-dive-2gp
- 2GP AMA - April 2021 (Trailmix): https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/users/isv-platform-experts/trailmixes/apr-2021-2gp-ama
- Documentation for Second-Generation Packaging (2GP) (Trailmix): https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/users/isv-platform-experts/trailmixes/documentation-for-2gp
- 2GP Deep Dive Video Series: https://salesforce.vidyard.com/watch/tgk3WYUrpxc2SiLRrrsLSS?&_ga=2.52820139.26567925.1619449638-1751578069.1619449638