080: Unit Testing, Mocking, and AMOSS with Rob Baillie
Rob Baillie is a Senior Technical Architect over at makepositive. Rob is passionate about extreme programming, something he has developed throughout his career. We discuss how that came to be in this episode.
Rob’s experience with extreme programming has always had a solid foundation in unit testing. We go into how mocking works and specifically how his project, AMOSS, helps developers implement it. Tune in to hear more about this from the very knowledgeable Rob Baillie.
- How Rob got interested in computer science.
- How he eventually got into the Salesforce ecosystem.
- What his transition from PHP to Apex was like.
- What mocking and test doubles in unit testing are.
- What StubProvider does and why it’s so powerful.
- What AMOSS is and how it makes unit testing easier.
- The difference between test stubs and test spies.
- What a brittle unit test is and how to avoid it.
- Why we should view unit testing as documentation.
- Rob on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BobaliciousBob
- Rob on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertbaillie/
- Rob on Github: https://github.com/bobalicious
4. Rob's London Calling Talk: https://www.londonscalling.net/sessions/stop-trying-to-mock- me-and-mock-me/
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com