076: Slack and Salesforce Integration with Richard Clark
Richard Clark is the Chief Innovation Officer for Provar Testing. He recently spoke at the 2021 Cactusforce virtual conference and, in his talk, he discussed integrating Slack and Salesforce together.
Today we continue that conversation on the podcast. Richard shares why Slack was an attractive solution for their sales teams, the various forms that the integration took, and some of the pros and cons of “low” vs “pro” code solutions for working with Salesforce. Have a listen and learn how you can build a Slack integration.
- How Richard got into the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Why he chose Slack as the integration point for Salesforce.
- The problems he was trying to solve with the integration.
- What the AppExchange plugin does.
- How webhooks open up more functionality within Slack.
- What External Services are and how they help with integration.
- The considerations to take within Flow while integrating Slack and Salesforce.
- Where Apex is needed in this process.
- When to use Queueable Apex vs. the Future Method.
- How users are reacting to this integration.
- Twitter account: https://twitter.com/RichClark808
- LinkedIn account: https://www.linkedin.com/in/richclark808/
- Github account: https://github.com/rclark-provar
- Cactusforce Presentation: https://www.cactusforce.com/2021-session/2021/1/15/richard-clark-u-can-slack-2
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com