.Net running on-process till dotnet Core 3.1 & dotnet isolated workers are coming on .Net 6 onwards & you can deploy Azure Function Apps in production.
In future all Azure Functions will be running in Isolated Model only. Therefore, every Azure Functions will run as isolated worker process.
- New way of building .Net Application called as Isolated Models that decouples the Azure Functions from .Net Function Runtime.
- This gives full control of the process & it’s dependency graph.
- This will be the future of all Azure Functions
- Durable Functions are in the process only.
Azure Functions in Isolated models will no more extending WebJobs dependencies. Therefore, you must get all features of WebJobs by adding different set of packages.
- You can debug the host process before even debugger is attached to your functions.
--dotnet-isolated-deubwill help you to debug very early. It helps to remove race conditions while debugger attaching and the process executing the entry code.
- You can modify the response from Middleware
- You can do authentication/ authorizations on Middleware
- Any cross-cutting concerns you can do in Middleware.