Hello. I want to share a little bit of my professional history and career. Let's go!
I started to work early, for a family company, when I was 14 years old. (I know, that's a cliche, but it's my story). I'm a son of a businessman, or should I say visionary!? Because of that, I became a very hard work person, a classic workaholic.
At my father's company, I used to work as an attendant in the first years, then I got interested in administration. I began learning about selling, finances, bills, and such, from my father's eye, of course.
I learned for real. Then I started to take care of legal obligations, documents, storage, accounting, and such. I truly believed that my destiny would be to take care of my father's legacy, his company. Can you believe that I even started an accounting university? Well...
This was back in 2008 or 2009, I'm not sure. However, my interest in tech and programming was already there and getting stronger. At the company, I was responsible for the selling system, support, and updates.
In 2010 I decided to study programming at a state University (because it was free), which means, it a very hard to get into. I've studied all my life in public schools, so I took private preparation classes for six months. I nailed it. In the second semester of 2010, I studied day and night and in the summer of 2011, I started college.
At the college I met my future boss, without knowing yet, in a class called something like SGT - Systems General Theory, he was my teacher. In 2013 that teacher noticed my efforts and told me about a position at his company. At Kugel. It was my first job as a software developer. I started with Java, Swing API, screens, all of the desktop, no web yet.
However, in 2014, October, after I completed the first year, there was a misunderstanding and a friend from college told me about a position in another company. I took it. I went to Linx and stayed there for seven months and that same teacher called me again, talking about coming back and a new opportunity. It was 2015. I've accepted it.
In 2017 I became a partner, and shareholder, I'm not sure about the right name LOL. And since then, I'm focused, on studying, and learning. Java still is on the daily basis, but it had many updates. There is a web system with Java EE and many technologic challenges. About that, I will reserve for another post!
Here's a little chronology of my life. Till next time!
- 1989 - Birthday, in March (City of Ponta Porã, State of Mato Grosso do Sul - Brazil)
- 1995 - preparation for first-year (6 yo)
- 1996 - 1st year (7 yo)
- 1997 - 2nd year (8 yo)
- 1998 - 3rd year (9 yo)
- 1999 - 4th year (10 yo)
- 2000 - 5th year (11 yo)
- 2001 - 6th year (12 yo)
- 2002 - 7th year (13 yo)
- 2003 - 8th year (14 yo)
- 2004 - Arrived in Joinville, Santa Catarina, in January
- 2004 - Started high school, but I gave up before finishing it
- 2005 - 1st year of second grade
- 2006 - 2nd year of second grade
- 2007 - 3rd year of second grade
- 2009 - Stopped for two years (20 yo)
- 2010 - Preparation for college
- 2011 - College (22 yo)
- 2012 - College (23 yo), I've met Jéssica, my wife
- 2013 - College (24 yo), First job as a software developer
- 2014 - College (25 yo), started at Linx
- 2015 - Finished college, June (26 yo), Comeback to Kugel
- 2016 - Married (27 yo)
- 2017 - (28 yo)
- 2018 - (29 yo)
- 2019 - (30 yo)
- 2020 - August, first wrote this article (31 yo)
- 2021 - January, updated this article (almost 32 yo)
- 2021 - August, quit Kugel and started at Encora Brazil (former Daitan Labs). (32 yo)
- 2022 - Daitan Labs is now Encora Brazil (33 yo)
Originally posted at https://ricardocampos.blog/post/professional-life-and-career/ on Aug 9, 2020, 10:43:35 PM
Top comments (0)