30: Designers should(n't) code | An interview with Ben Brignell
This podcast may not be playable in the browser
In this episode we're joined by Ben Brignell, a Designer, to talk about the crossover between 'Design' and 'Code'. We discuss the 'Designers Should Code' ongoing debate, and talk about some practicalities of working with multi-disciplined individuals in the Web industry.
Guest Ben picked this week's Toolstar:
- Sketch, the design utility: http://bohemiancoding.com/sketch
Jukebox recommendations this episode are:
- 'Glass Jar' by Gang Gang Dance, suggested by guest Ben.
- 'Awake to You' by Taylor Mcferrin from Mark.
- 'Through Clouds' by Gold Panda from Ben.
All three are added to the Relative Paths Spotify Playlist (http://relativepaths.uk/pl), and while it exists, the Apple Music playlist too (http://relativepaths.uk/am).
How to reach Ben Brignell and other show links:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/benbrignell
- Site: http://benbrignell.com
- Frisbee Fodder: http://frisbeefodder.com
- A11Y Slack: http://web-a11y.herokuapp.com
Subscribe and keep in touch:
- AudioBoom - http://relativepaths.uk/ab
- iTunes - http://relativepaths.uk/it
- Stitcher - http://relativepaths.uk/st
- SoundCloud - http://relativepaths.uk/sc
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/relativepaths
- Facebook - http://facebook.com/relativepaths
The music we use for various intro bits, stings and outro is ‘Vitreous Detachment’ by Origamibiro, used with kind permission.