29: Interview | Wordpress Plugin Development with Mark Wilkinson
On this week's episode we're interviewing Mark Wilkinson, a Web Developer from the UK specialising in WordPress development. Mark answers our questions on developing and maintaining Open Source plugins for distribution via the Wordpress Plugins Directory as well as proving some advice and tips for beginners.
Guest Mark picked two ToolStars for us:
- Gas Mask App, a simple utility for managing the hosts file on Macs: http://clockwise.ee.
- Modern.ie VMs, a collection of VirtualMachine images for popular PC emulators to help developers test things in various combinations of Windows OSs and Internet Explorer versions: http://dev.modern.ie/tools/vms.
Strangely, only co-host Mark has a Jukebox suggestion this time:
- 'Aliquot' by Poppy Ackroyd. There's also an honourable mention for the artist 'Moon Finger' on Soundcloud.
'Aliquot' is added to the Relative Paths Spotify Playlist (http://relativepaths.uk/pl), and while it exists, the Apple Music playlist too (http://relativepaths.uk/am).
How to reach Mark Wilkinson and other show links:
- Twitter: @wpmark
- WP Broadbean Plugin: http://wpbroadbean.com
- WordPress Coding Standards: https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-practices/coding-standards
Subscribe and keep in touch:
- iTunes - http://relativepaths.uk/it
- AudioBoom - http://relativepaths.uk/ab
- Stitcher - http://relativepaths.uk/st
- SoundCloud - http://relativepaths.uk/sc
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/relativepaths
- Facebook - http://facebook.com/relativepaths
The music we use for various intro bits, stings and outro is ‘Vitreous Detachment’ by Origamibiro, used with kind permission.